file sharing nightmare

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by andybno1, Apr 19, 2008.

1. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

ok i'm having a nightmare trying to share files from vista to my leopard macbook.

I setup sharing on folders in vista, but leopard is where the problem is falling, it is picking and choosing when to show my pc in finder and when not to. Is there something I need to do with leopard to keep my pc showing in finder?

2. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

I never had much luck accessing a PC from my Mac, but I have had lots of success accessing my Mac from the PC. Turn on PC file sharing on your Mac, and then use the PC to copy the files to your Mac.

I could never get it to work the other way around. Other people seems to be able to get this to work, so maybe they know more about the PC file sharing on Vista/XP.

3. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Is your account on the vista machine and admin account and do you have a password associated to that account?

4. andybno1 thread starter macrumors 68040

andybno1

I am a vetran with vista lol i have known of its troubles since beta but hey this pc came with it installed.

PC is setup with password for my account which is admn.

I can connect when I do connect to... and then the smb://<pc IP>

just sometimes my pc will auto appear without even doing smb:// and it will show as my pc name along with all the other pc's in the house but seems alot of the time it just wants to be a pain and show nothing

5. chagla macrumors 6502a

chagla

I guess you missed the highlighted part.

Welcome to Leopard?