File Sharing on the Web

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iScared, Apr 8, 2015.

1. iScared macrumors member

iScared

Let's face it, file sharing is one of the easiest and most viable solution to getting digital content for free. However, certain countries in Europe and the ilks are cracking down on it as piracy.

Surely the amount of money and time it takes to do this could be spent elsewhere, and let's face it, piracy occurs because the legal route is expensive after long term use to most people. (Even with rentals.)

I have stopped pirating music due to Spotify (and many others have too with this and similar software) because Spotify offers a cheaper solution when compared to spending $1 or more a pop on a song. (So spend $1000 on music or $10/month)

My thing is that movies should offer the same type of service. Netflix tried this and imo, failed horribly (but at least they offer tv shows I guess?)...

You cant have your pie and sell it too.

Any takers?

2. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

The movie industry doesn't want people to watch the classics, they want you to watch their new film because they want you to talk about it with your friends/etc, and they want to know if this was worth financing.

$10-20 is nothing compared to what is spent on making a movie or an album.

3. iScared thread starter macrumors member

iScared

It costs so much because everyone is greedy.

4. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

It's only greed to you because you don't understand what it takes to get a movie from an idea to a finished product in people's hands. An album can be just as difficult too.

5. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

Why don't you make one that doesn't cost so much then?