Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kerpow

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 16, 2004
London
I recently switched to OSX and am having difficulty creating .avi files from the formats that I download. Large files, such as movies, tend to have one .rar file then .r01, .r02 etc. I found a program called UNrarX that seems to solve half of the problem by packing those files into one .bin file. What I now need is something simliar to ISObuster on Windows that will extract to an .avi format.

Any ideas what I can use?

Thnx

(I apologise if you don't agree with what I'm doing)

monty77

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2005
UK, South Coast
kerpow said:
I recently switched to OSX and am having difficulty creating .avi files from the formats that I download. Large files, such as movies, tend to have one .rar file then .r01, .r02 etc. I found a program called UNrarX that seems to solve half of the problem by packing those files into one .bin file. What I now need is something simliar to ISObuster on Windows that will extract to an .avi format.

Any ideas what I can use?

Thnx

(I apologise if you don't agree with what I'm doing)

What version of OSX are you using?

Stuffit expander will open .rar and .bin .. along with loads of others.

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/system_disk_utilities/stuffitexpander.html

..Tiger doesn't include it, Panther should have it installed already.

Adam

kerpow

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 16, 2004
London
Nvm, I didn't realise that VLC does all the work for you, opens .bin files and extracts .avi as it plays them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.