File Transfer Application?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by wrboyce, Jul 25, 2008.

1. wrboyce macrumors 6502

I'm in a bit of a rush to get out, but I want to take some PDFs with me to consume whilst out... What's the recommended application to achieve this? I think the only one I know of is.... FileMagnet? or something like that....

Thanks all

2. macduke macrumors 603

macduke

Thats the only one I've ever heard of. TUAW rated it pretty good if I remember right.

3. jsimpson macrumors regular

jsimpson

This will only work if you are on the same network. ie: in your home on a wifi connection you can use it fine but if you leave you have no access to your files. At least that is what the description says and the reviews as well.

4. mobile23 macrumors member

mobile23

5. madmaxmedia macrumors 68030

There is another one called TouchFS, but I think it costs more than FileMagnet and seems similar.

I am also waiting for DataCase.

6. atomheartmother macrumors regular

Really? What's the point then? If I can only use it at home, I might as well just use my computer, which is going FAR more intuitive to use to view files than the Touch. I don't get the point. Does anyone know if this is how Datacase will be too?

7. jaseone macrumors 65816

jaseone

Just email them to yourself, problem solved...

8. philgilder macrumors 68000

same wifi network, not home wifi network
    so you could access them from any computer with the filemagnet app on it, as long as they are on the same network, ie office, friends house, or on a wifi network created by the pc

or just email them to yourself

9. madmaxmedia macrumors 68030

What he means is you can only LOAD files onto your Touch if it is on the same network as your Mac.

Once you load your files onto your Touch, you can view them anywhere because they are now on your Touch.

10. wrboyce thread starter macrumors 6502

Forgot to mention I was in Spain - didn't fancy paying £3 per MB for the pdfs!

11. madmaxmedia macrumors 68030

FileCase is now in beta, and their website says they are hoping to launch very soon.

There's a Youtube clip on their website showing the app, it looks very good.

http://www.veiosoft.com/

12. Surely Guest

Surely

It costs £3 per MB to email yourself some pdfs? Even if you're on your home wifi network? Or are you traveling and at an internet cafe?