File Transfer via Wi-Fi

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by GPap, May 10, 2014.

1. GPap macrumors regular

GPap

Hello, I'm looking for an application who can transfer files (all kinds of files) between iMac and iPhone via Wi-Fi. I want to choose in which destination I can save my file (for example in my music library or in my photos gallery).

2. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

The iphone does not offer the user a file structure where you can create directories and save files. You might be better off with something like dropbox
    which saves the files in the cloud but has applications for both the Mac and Phone.

3. GPap thread starter macrumors regular

GPap

Thanks but I have to pay 10$/month for the storage ! I prefer iTunes :) which can save the files to where I need. So, I have to forget Wi-Fi Transferring (if I want an app to doing exactly what I want).

4. mvmanolov macrumors 6502a

you can try FileBrowser for iOS. you can create directories and transfer over wifi webdav etc..

5. GPap thread starter macrumors regular

GPap

I think I will use iTunes but with the option "Synchronize via Wi-Fi".

6. mvmanolov macrumors 6502a

ok, but that will not let you transfer any files.... your OP appeared to express interest in being able to so sync all kinds of files pdfs, docs, etc... with iTunes, you'd have to make them into e-books.

FB will let you log into a home share directory, download/sync whatever files you want to your iOS... but it does not work for music and user data (contracts etc)...

7. GPap thread starter macrumors regular

GPap

Hmm, thank you but I need to transfer all kinds of files like music and data at specific place !

8. GPap, May 10, 2014
    Last edited: May 10, 2014

GPap thread starter macrumors regular

GPap

I clicked at "synchronize via Wi-Fi" option on iTunes and appliance. I remove my usb cable and my iPhone doesn't appears on the screen anymore. I didn't choose export (as the help says). What should I do ?

Edit : It appears suddenly !

9. GPap thread starter macrumors regular

GPap

How can I transfer a photo or music from iPhone to iMac via Wi-Fi over iTunes ?

10. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

11. AndyK macrumors 65816

AndyK

Surely for music / pictures you would use iTunes anyway?

For data, it depends how much you want to be able to access. My DropBox account is 25gb and I haven't paid anything for it.

12. GPap thread starter macrumors regular

GPap

I'm not sure but I didn't found anything good. At this time I think the best option is iTools, cable yes but it works from iPhone to iMac and the opposite. Also with Dropbox the files not goes to where I want to go (with the other iPhone files). It allows me only 2GB. I am in Greece, maybe it's different from country to country.

13. AndyK macrumors 65816

AndyK

What is this mysterious purpose that you need to be able to put files on the phone in such a specific place?

14. GPap thread starter macrumors regular

GPap

I just want it all in one place, all photos-videos, music, documents together on the root folders :)

15. AndyK, May 10, 2014
    Last edited: May 11, 2014

AndyK macrumors 65816

AndyK

So you want all your music, pictures and documents in one folder? Surely you want even a vague file structure? Using a service like GoogleDrive will cost you $2/month and you can easily access it on any device.

Really feels like you're trying to over complicate something that is very simple to achieve.

16. GPap thread starter macrumors regular

GPap

Not in one all together. I want to see the files from iPhone to iMac and transfer the files at exactly root iPhone's or iMac's folders. Music in iPhone's root music folder, photos in iPhone's root photos folder or to Finder on iMac etc. I conclude that the cable is the best solution for now.

17. The Mercurian macrumors 65816

You can get extra Gb on dropbox for free. There are different ways - inviting people you know is one, uploading photos from your phone automaticaly is noather - but alot Samsung and HTC smart phone came with 25GB free for a few years, so alot of folks have 25GB free on dropbox.

https://www.dropbox.com/getspace