File with odd characters in its name wont delete from trash

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ray_uk, Nov 6, 2008.

1. ray_uk macrumors member

I was in the process of deleting Bioshock from a Windows fat32 drive while in OS X on my January 2008 mac pro when it was unable to do so due permissions on some of the files and folder, so I just placed the whole bioshock folder back on the fat32 formatted drive, however ever since there has been a file in Trash labeled ␀␀␀␀␀.¾â that wont be emptied, I do not receive a error message when I try to empty it, it just remains in there.

I am unable to use the get info right click option as when I do so the ␀␀␀␀␀.¾â file vanishes for a few minutes and then just reappears in the Trash.

I am unable to move the file any where as when I try to do so it is as if I have not clicked on anything and the os does not acknowledge that anything has occurred.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

2. xgman macrumors 601

xgman

try some 3rd party mac utilities like maccleanse etc,. Most of them have a force empty trash feature. Also try logging into another clean account and try emptying there or turn off all startup/login programs in the preferences panel and restart and try again.