Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pandaboots

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 19, 2007
Dallas, Texas
I'd like to set up a customer list, input inventory, and create proposals for potential jobs. I know both can do customer databases, but does anyone know if proposals and bids can be created and customized with logos etc? I'd like to be able to input inventory and customer names, so I can just use pull down menus to create a proposal for a job I'm trying to sell the customer, complete with auto calculation of totals and sales taxes, etc. This is for a small HVAC repair and installation business. Looks like Filemaker Pro might be the better choice for me, but I couldn't find info on the proposal ability. Oh, also, would I have to buy a Mac and PC version of Filemaker separately? Let me know if anyone else out there is using either of these software packages for something similar to what I'm trying to achieve?

Slumbercub

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2006
Gloucester, England
If you buy Filemaker the cd will have both Mac and Win versions on it, mine does (v8 Pro), I haven't tried ACT.

As for alternatives try Bento, it's from Filemaker but is a lot cheaper and will most certainly do what you want.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.