Filemaker Pro - Please help will pay with free hugs

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by JoshBoy, Aug 15, 2010.

1. JoshBoy macrumors 6502

JoshBoy

Hi,

I Hope I am posting in the correct area.

I am currently using the trial feature of Filemaker Pro 11. The reason for trying it is two main areas. First is my wife has just started her own business and is insisting on managing the business using mac's (I did train her well ;) )

The main part of the business is keeping records on her clients. For quick plugging purposes her business is www.mybodyempire.com however it is for beauty therapy.

With beauty therapists they keep records of each person (normal CRM details like name, DOB, address, phone etc however they also keep a track record of treatment history, sort of like a doctor and also purchase history. I downloaded a free template that came in the business solutions they offer, this offers virtually everything I need except I need to add on a tab that offers the history and purchase history, I tried adding a layout however it was not linked to each individual person.

The second area that is not really urgent but would be a love to have is with the colors and backgrounds used on filemaker, can i add my own? For example, the pattern that is used on the website would be great to have on filemaker to give a consistent feel.

Any help or direction would be really appreciated and can supply more info on request including screen shots etc.

2. chown33 macrumors 604

3. JoshBoy thread starter macrumors 6502

JoshBoy

I have also posted there as well. In that time I have also found some solutions from Data4life that may fit but would still love some feedback.

Cheers

4. jamawa macrumors newbie

Being in that line of work myself (well ok, sort of, I am a therapist in Chinese Medicine also selling herbs) I adapted a small test database of my own into a "BodyEmpire template", with basic customer info, treatment history and order history in a layout based on your website.

It is just an example, yet it it'll show you some basics using layouts instead of tabs. Let me know if you have questions or remarks!! :)

Greetings,
    Jan Martin Wagenaar

(I mailed it to the Contact address of the website.)

5. dwong macrumors newbie

Hi Jan

Do you think I could see your test database. I'm in a similiar situation creating a databse for an acupuncture practice and would like to see some examples.

Thanks