FileMaker Pro Question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Bonch, Nov 10, 2010.

1. Bonch, Nov 10, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2010

Bonch macrumors 6502

Bonch

What is the easiest way to 1) show the current record number and 2) show how many records are in the current found set?

This is the same info that is in the Status Toolbar. I want to hide this tool bar but the user still needs to know this info. Thanks.

2. Bonch thread starter macrumors 6502

Bonch

I figured it out. You just insert @@ for the record number, and use Get(FoundCount) for the found set.

3. abriwin macrumors member

another FMP question on MBA

I still have 8.5 running on my iMac I don't have my original serial number anymore, is there a way to find it so I can transfer it to my new MBA.

4. teleromeo macrumors 65816

teleromeo

In the filemaker menu choose about Filemaker Pro.
    Then click the info button.

Can you confirm filemaker works with Snow Leopard, I did not upgrade to filemaker 11 and i'm a bit anxious to upgrade Leopard since ther seem to be some compatibility issues.

5. Bonch thread starter macrumors 6502

Bonch

I was using 8.5 for a long time and finally upgraded to 11. I was dreading the move of the status bar from the left to the top, because none of my documents will look right now. Well hiding the status bar in 11 looks quite nice and clean. I just have to rearrange some fields and stuff but it should be better.