Filemaker Question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by wakemac, Aug 14, 2009.

1. wakemac macrumors member

I'm new to Mac and currently converting my business from PC to Mac. I need to import data from a web form into my database. Can this be done with Filemaker? Other than the necessary web design/application, which I will outsource, is there any other program that needs to be implemented between the form and the database?

Thanks for any help or input.

2. larkost macrumors 6502a

Do you mean that you need to do a single import, that you want to scrape a web site periodically, or that you want to have a form on the web that people fill out and the data winds up in your database? More details are needed to answer your question.

3. wakemac thread starter macrumors member

Sorry for the delay. I need to have outside sales people login and fill out a web form and have the information imported into the database. Thanks for any available help.

4. larkost macrumors 6502a

Ok, then you just need to turn on the "Publish to Web" feature of FileMaker Pro (you don't even need FileMaker Server if you can get away with 5 or fewer simultaneous connections), and do a little fiddling. A a minimum this will cost you one copy of filemaker (and a computer that needs to be on, and have it open at all times). Any data that they enter on the page is entered into the database.

5. wakemac thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the help. I hope to have it implemented in the next few weeks.