Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stuart Miller

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
Hello,

I am having a strange problem with a mounted drive over a Cisco VPN. (To a IBM Unix based machine)

I have connected to the drive (using SMB) and can view some files and folders but quite a few (Vital) folders are not showing up.

They do not show in finder or terminal, but in terminal i can cd into the directory even though it won't show with ls or ls -a. In finder i can put the full path into "go to folder" and it will take me there as well though sometimes will kick me back up the structure to the point where the folder is not showing.

Driving me crazy and googling it has not provided many leads,

Permissions is the first thing that jumps out but as i said I can access the folders and also have a logmein account to a pc on the network which can view all folders and files fine.

Any help please???

Last edited:

Mattie Num Nums

macrumors 68030
Mar 5, 2009
USA
Hello,

I am having a strange problem with a mounted drive over a Cisco VPN. (To a IBM Unix based machine)

I have connected to the drive (using SMB) and can view some files and folders but quite a few (Vital) folders are not showing up.

They do not show in finder or terminal, but in terminal i can cd into the directory even though it won't show with ls or ls -a. In finder i can put the full path into "go to folder" and it will take me there as well though sometimes will kick me back up the structure to the point where the folder is not showing.

Driving me crazy and googling it has not provided many leads,

Permissions is the first thing that jumps out but as i said I can access the folders and also have a logmein account to a pc on the network which can view all folders and files fine.

Any help please???

Are these DFS shares?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.