Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

darkarn

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 8, 2017
Singapore
Has anyone tried using the Files app with the Camera adapters?

I want to know specifically if you can transfers files to and from SD cards with the iPad Pro

canesalato

Cancelled
Jan 31, 2010
Has anyone tried using the Files app with the Camera adapters?

I want to know specifically if you can transfers files to and from SD cards with the iPad Pro
Unfortunately, you cannot.
Might change in future betas, but if I have to bet, I would say iOS12 or later...

BTW: the developers of the Files app have asked for radars with suggestions about the app. Open one, label it as "suggestion" and tell them you'd like to see support for external devices. It's basically similar to a vote and they do have a weight...especially when the Apple developers are not sure about a decision / there is debate between them.

Reactions: g75d3

darkarn

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 8, 2017
Singapore
Unfortunately, you cannot.
Might change in future betas, but if I have to bet, I would say iOS12 or later...

BTW: the developers of the Files app have asked for radars with suggestions about the app. Open one, label it as "suggestion" and tell them you'd like to see support for external devices. It's basically similar to a vote and they do have a weight...especially when the Apple developers are not sure about a decision / there is debate between them.

Thanks! I am unsure where can I open such a radar though, is it within Apple Communities or is it for iOS developers?

darkarn

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 8, 2017
Singapore
Here! =)
You used to need to be registered as a developer, don't know if that is still true. Whatever the case, it's free.

https://developer.apple.com/bug-reporting/

Thanks! I am getting a message saying that "Your Apple ID must be associated with a paid Apple Developer Program or Apple Developer Enterprise Program to access certain software downloads. You can download Xcode or sign in with a different account." if I click on "View Bug Reporter" in that link.

Using https://bugreport.apple.com/web does allow me to report a bug though, will this work too?

canesalato

Cancelled
Jan 31, 2010
Thanks! I am getting a message saying that "Your Apple ID must be associated with a paid Apple Developer Program or Apple Developer Enterprise Program to access certain software downloads. You can download Xcode or sign in with a different account." if I click on "View Bug Reporter" in that link.

Using https://bugreport.apple.com/web does allow me to report a bug though, will this work too?
yup, you can use that link!

Reactions: darkarn

jabingla2810

macrumors 68020
Oct 15, 2008
I'm afraid I don't think this is a bug.

You will have to use the Photo's app to manage Photos.

It doesn't make sense for photos to be on the device and NOT be in the photos app.

Apple has always resisted a file system on iOS devices because they can add complication to the OS. I think some people here think Apple has just announced Finder for iPad... but they really haven't. Not even close.

canesalato

Cancelled
Jan 31, 2010

It doesn't make sense for photos to be on the device and NOT be in the photos app.

Apple has always resisted a file system on iOS devices because they can add complication to the OS. I think some people here think Apple has just announced Finder for iPad... but they really haven't. Not even close.

I can just say, wait and see ;-) it's a matter of when, not if

darkarn

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 8, 2017
Singapore
yup, you can use that link!

Thanks, it works! Sending a suggestion for this (and bug reports for other issues like the dropped frames issue)

It does make sense if the photos in question are RAW files though, which is what I always shoot in.

I can just say, wait and see ;-) it's a matter of when, not if

I hope it will be done by the launch of iOS 11!

Reactions: canesalato
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.