Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ajmichmac

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 7, 2018
N.E. Michigan
Just noticed an oddity... when displaying the file details in Finder, I see that the time of day is being reversed. That is, files that should be "PM" are time stamped "AM" (or just "a", actually). This goes for ALL files. I don't yet know if the opposite is true, that the files created or changed in the AM would be listed as PM. Not a serious glitch but it bugs me.

CoastalOR

macrumors 68040
Jan 19, 2015
Oregon, USA
You seem to be having some other problems since updating to 10.14.3 (according to other of your posts). Maybe you should try booting to Recovery and Reinstalling the OS. Make sure you backup before any OS install.

ajmichmac

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 7, 2018
N.E. Michigan
Yes, 10.14.3 mucked up my system, caused freezes and hard crashes, spinning pinwheel icon from hell, etc. So I have rolled back to 10.14.2, wondering if the bugs are going to be fixed or if this is as good as it gets.

CoastalOR

macrumors 68040
Jan 19, 2015
Oregon, USA
I know this this does not help you, but I have used 10.14.2 and now 10.14.3 with none of the problems you have encountered.

ajmichmac

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 7, 2018
N.E. Michigan
Nope, that doesn't help very much, lol. I'm just lucky I guess. BTW, the weird am/pm time thing is apparent in 10.14.2 as well.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
go to system preferences>language and region>advanced>times. does everything there look correct?

not a fix, but it were me, and i couldn't fix this, i'd just change AM to PM (& vice versa) in that window.... :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.