Files converted with Iflicks; no sound

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by theslaz, Mar 29, 2011.

1. theslaz macrumors 6502

I first tried Iflicks about a week ago. I converted about 20 movies with the ATV preset with no problems. Yesterday; I tried to convert 4 movies; they converted okay; but each one does not have sound. I tried another movie this morning and same thing. Any suggestions?
    I have been using Handbrake. Thought maybe Iflicks was a good alternative. Maybe not!!!!

2. simsaladimbamba

Handbrake is the standard to do what you want.
    Maybe analyse the source and target videos with VideoSpec (I prefer that, though it hasn't been updated since 11/2009), MediaInfo Mac (10/2010) or MediaInfo (10/2010, there is a Mac OS X version to download, VideoSpec and MediaInfo Mac are using the same library as MediaInfo) and post some reports here.
    Maybe the source is corrupted?

3. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

Cetain movies have some sort of audio codec that can't be read or utilized by iFlicks for some reason. In order to avoid this issue, I add the movie to iFlicks and then hit the preview button (It looks like a little eye on the bottom right hand side of iFlicks, 2 icons over from the magnifying glass - see below). If when you preview the movie and you don't hear sound, use Handbrake.

[​IMG]

Advantage of iFlicks is that it adds the movie rating when you preview it on Apple TV. Handbrake does not.

4. theslaz thread starter macrumors 6502

That is exactly why I like the program. It eliminates the process of having to run another program to add the info; and I find it a bit faster than Handbrake. I'll do as you suggest and work from there.
    Thanks!