Files don't show up in external hard drive! Please help!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by roderick, Feb 16, 2008.

1. roderick macrumors member

hi all i was doing some work in the midi lab today and had to use my external firewire drive to save some stuff. then i plugged it into my computer and although it mounts on the desktop, none of the folders inside show up. it says 0 items but only 17 GB left, so my files are still there but i can't see them. i plugged it into other macs and got the same result. i tried to verify and repair the drive but just a bunch of fast words kept scrolling through and nothing happened. can anyone help me see my files again? and does anyone know if disk warrior or drive genius could help? thank you

2. roderick thread starter macrumors member

can someone refer to another forum where i may be able to get some help?

3. skd macrumors 6502

4. roderick thread starter macrumors member

5. skd macrumors 6502

well...Data Rescue has a free demo to see if it works - you'll be able to recover one file - how much are your files worth? the $99 for the software save me over $10,000 worth of files

6. roderick thread starter macrumors member

do you know if data rescue has a mode that will just make the files visible again? i don't have room to save the files somewhere else.

ok just did a thorough scan with data rescue but what do i do now? do i try to recover them? i still don't see the original file names.