Files from desktop deleted automatically!!!

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by lachogenchev, Apr 9, 2014.

1. lachogenchev macrumors newbie

Hello guys,

I have a very weird problem. I was looking for a file in my work folder, but i could not find it. Then i start entering every single folder and subfolder to find out that the files are not there! After that I check the trash. I found out that 60% of my files are in the trash including the files that I was looking for before.
    I tried to select them all and recover them "Put back" but the option was not available. If I try one by one I can recover. I constantly checking the trash and I notice that the files number increase, which Is really concerns me.

As well saw that some of the files have a number in the filename for example 14.02.11

Is any one from you experienced something similar?

2. mikecwest macrumors 6502a

mikecwest

First of all the number after the file (i.e.: archive.zip 14.02.11) is due to a file being place in the file with an identical origin and file name. In your case, the desktop.

Have you tried to create a new user profile to see if the problem exists amongst all user accounts?
    Have you tried checking your drive for errors & repair permissions?
    Do you have any automated or folder actions assigned to the desktop folder?
    Do you have your desktop symbolically linked to the trash?

3. lachogenchev thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi,

I did not try the first 2 option.
    I did not made any automated actions of the folders.
    As for the linking desktop to the trash, I don't really know how I can do it.

This morning I saw that the file are not deleting automatically anymore.I will try the firs two options