All Devices Files is still a buggy mess in iOS 13

Discussion in 'iOS 13' started by melancholy, Jun 11, 2019.

1. melancholy macrumors 6502

melancholy

Since iOS 11, I’ve always been plagued with the bug where deleted files get corrupted and the files remain in ‘Recently Deleted’ and the file can no longer be deleted as the file ‘does not exist’.

The solution for that was to disable ‘iCloud Drive’, then turn it back on again. But this method no longer works in iOS 13, or never worked to begin with at all.

As my bug is relating to local files now, instead of cloud files. I have several phantom files in ‘Recents’ from both iCloud and On My iPhone.

I can’t delete these files because according to iOS they don’t exist!

Anyone found a solution to this?

2. Feenician macrumors 601

Feenician

Never had those issues with earlier versions but wasn't a heavy user. Files in the current beta is a bit buggy for sure. The solution is to take the time to separate and find all the issues you experience, clearly document and create a test/reproduction case for each and then file those with Feedback Assistant. Clear, reproducible bugs get fixed.

3. dannyyankou macrumors G3

dannyyankou

4. Bornee35 macrumors 6502

Bornee35

solution: roll back to iOS 12 and stop using buggy a pre release alpha OS on your daily driver.

5. gwhizkids macrumors 601

gwhizkids

Excellent advice.

Report bugs, report things you don't like (as Suggestions), suggest enhancements. While I do think Apple has people going through these forums (whether officially or unofficially), the only sure way to get an issue in front of them is to use their official means of doing so.

6. Feenician macrumors 601

Feenician

Reading my post back it perhaps sounds a bit dismissive but I didn't intend it to. This is the time when you have the best chance of getting things changed for the better. Maybe that's bugs or, like you say, maybe it's things that frustrate you or impede your workflow. If you want things fixed seize the opportunity.

7. itsmilo macrumors 68020

itsmilo

Maybe you should read the post again before being snarky

8. Bornee35 macrumors 6502

Bornee35

No need. The problem arose when upgrading to iOS13. The workout was valid in iOS12

“But this method no longer works in iOS 13, or never worked to begin with at all.”

Maybe you should read the post again.

9. wingnut8 macrumors 65816

wingnut8

Anyone else getting this in Files no matter what card or hard drive they plug in? It’s like this on both my iPad and phone. It just says ERRORNAME and is read only.

Attached Files:

10. melancholy thread starter macrumors 6502

melancholy

Just tested other devices, looks like it’ll happen to every device.

After updating to iOS 13, most files in the ‘Recents’ tab becomes corrupted and do not sync with the files in the ‘Browser’ tab.

Trying to access those files in the ‘Recents’ will do nothing, you can’t open them. You also can not delete them either. Hopefully this is a bug that will resolve in a future beta update.