Files left from Jailbreak in backup

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Erdnaqwe, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Erdnaqwe macrumors newbie

My iPod 4g started to get real slow with iOS 6.
    It is not currently jailbroken but it was back when it had iOS 4 but removed it a few days after (making the mistake of syncing first then restoring). I checked the backup files for my ipod using ibackup bot and found some leftover files from the jailbreak such as Installous stuff.

My question is if it is possible to remove these from the backup file or if it affects my ipod's performance. Will the files also be transferred to a new device such has a new iphone if I use that same backup to set it up?

The only way I can think of removing this is starting from zero with iTunes but then I will lose all my stuff and I don't want that.

Thanks for your help in advance!

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

You won't lose your stuff if you synced it with iCloud. Your purchases can be redownloaded.

3. Erdnaqwe thread starter macrumors newbie

It is synced with iTunes...
    And if I restore from a backup wont the files I am trying to get rid of be still there...

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, that's why you should sync with icloud and restore from there instead.

5. Erdnaqwe thread starter macrumors newbie

So you mean that if I sync with iCloud the jail broken files won't get uploaded?

6. Erdnaqwe thread starter macrumors newbie