files lite - file storage/manager Now Available! Free!

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by gospel9, Oct 25, 2008.

1. gospel9 macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

this lite version has a limit of 200MB storage, which is actually what I use for the full version.

By far my favorite file storage app. Works flawlessly and beautifully.

2. gillybean macrumors 6502a

The full version of Files is my favorite file storing app. It's reliable, and I like how it handles subfolders and image viewing.

The lite version looks nice, although it doesn't have the "Passcode lock to secure local access to Files" option that the full version offers.

3. TheZimm macrumors 6502a

TheZimm

maybe in an update

Zym

4. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

Yes Files has the passcode lock feature that AirSharing doesn't have. It just needs to be able to swipe through images like the default Photos app.

5. SkillsToShow macrumors regular

I tried the free version but I dont like how I cant slide through images and how does the full version compare to airshare and briefcase?

6. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

I've not tried Briefcase yet, but Air Sharing also doesn't allow swiping through images. :(

7. bjlawrence11 macrumors newbie

bjlawrence11

Files Lite

"Files Lite" is amazing, allows landscape view, page turning, etc. And on the full version (currently 6.99) you can jump to specific pages and add bookmarks, etc. But there seems to be an apple dictated issue with larger pdf files...it crashes with my 25mb files!!! Which truly sucks!!

Have you had a similar experience with the full version?

8. firewood macrumors 604

Somewhere over about 20 MB is where all apps start to run out of memory (depending on whether background Push, media, cell tower update, etc. are using any).

9. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

I have tried all these apps, but Folders pwns them all. The game changing difference is that Folders can download files from the internet. It's $1.99. Go buy it before Apple decides to take it down.