Files not appearing in a folder

Discussion in 'macOS' started by drumichael87, Jul 8, 2015.

1. drumichael87 macrumors newbie

drumichael87

I'm not sure if this is a Dropbox issue, or an OS X issue, but here goes...

I have 12 folders in my Dropbox. I have a 12-page PDF file. Pretty basic. I open the PDF file in Preview, and display the Thumbnails in the panel on the left.

With preview on the right, and finder on the left (displaying my list of 12 folders), I drag the thumbnail from page #1 in Preview onto Folder #1 in finder. Repeat for each page, one in each folder.

When I open the folders, the new files do not appear! I know that they are there, because they show up in dropbox when I log into the browser interface.

The only way I can force them to show up is to somehow change one of the existing files in that folder. For example if I was to rename one of the other files, or even delete one of the existing files, BOOM - the file that I just dragged in from Preview shows up instantly!

Any ideas on this? Thanks in advance!

2. Reno Richter macrumors member

Same issue but very random in 10.10.X. Easier instead of changing existing file names is to add a new untitled folder and then delete the untitled folder and bang the enclosing folder that files are not appearing in refreshes and there they are. Again very random when this occurs. I have tried to duplicate as to when and why it happens and so far haven't figured it out.