Files not showing up on CD

Discussion in 'macOS' started by R.Youden, Aug 7, 2007.

1. R.Youden macrumors 68020

R.Youden

I am having a few problems with a CD that I burnt. On this CD there are some Linux drivers but when I try to run them in Ubuntu I keep getting an error so I have tried to extract them under my mac and then transfer them across. Now I get one of the files to show up but the other two are missing.

When I go into terminal and use the ls command I can see the files. When I use the cp command to try and copy them across to a new directory it again produces an error.

Any suggestion?

Thanks.

2. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

Could you try putting the drivers into a .zip file and then burning that file to cd?

Seeing as you're burning it as a data cd, are you sure you're burning it in a format that other operating systems can read? For example in Burn it gives you a variety of options of formatting.

3. R.Youden thread starter macrumors 68020

R.Youden

The CD was burnt from a Roxio thing on Windows and I checked that it had, "make sure other computers can read this CD" type option checked.

4. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Sounds like the files may have gotten corrupted during the burn. May want to retry burning them. What's the specific error message you're getting when trying to access them (from terminal and Finder)? The error message may reveal some other clues.