Files on Network are Duplicating themselves

Discussion in 'macOS' started by jwahl, May 12, 2009.

1. jwahl macrumors newbie

Files on our network are duplicating themselves, not only once but multiple times. When I click on the original file, a QuarkXPress 6.5 file (we have also had this happen with Indesign CS3) the file duplicates, then opens in the native program. Our network (server) is Windows based, just switched to Leopard 10.5.6 and we are running AdmitMac v4.0. This problem started when we began using our new Leopard systems. Any advice? Thanks.

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

How are the duplicates named? How many duplicates of any given file? Maybe give some examples of the file name as well in case that might be related. Does it happen to specific file types or any other common characteristics between the duplicating files that you have noticed?

3. jwahl thread starter macrumors newbie

The original files is called: Graphics Project Update.qxd,
    then once clicked and duplicated it is called Graphics Project Update copy.qxd, the clicked on again, Graphics Project Update copy 2.qxd and so on, we've had 6 copies made by just double clicking from the network to open in Quark. The only common characteristics between the Quark and Indesign file names is that there are spaces in the file name.

4. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Seems to be a Quark issue. See this thread post and the "solution" they give. I quote that because it sounds like a crappy work around more than anything. I didn't turn up anything like this related to InDesign, but I'd assume it's a similar situation.