Files Sharing?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by AlphaBoy85, Jun 1, 2008.

1. AlphaBoy85 macrumors regular

Is there any files sharing app (vids/music) for Mac? I used to work on Windows so there's a program called "Ares" so what's for Mac?
    Thx!

2. cycocelica macrumors 68000

cycocelica

That kind of stuff isn't talked about around here.

Pirating stuff is a big no no.

3. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

...and illegal and immoral just like shoplifting or robing a bank.

4. wd40s macrumors newbie

why are you guys being so lame to this guy? people complain how pirating is stealing from the artists but do you even know how much an artist receives when you buy a cd? pretty much nothing. i download and support artists by going to the concerts and buying merch where they actually receive some money. of the money the RIAA has received in all of the settlements with people over pirating, they have yet to pay the artists. so basically the record labels are just keeping all the money. besides who wants to buy a cd only to find out it sucks.

anyway back to the subject if you want to get into file sharing you should look into torrents. limewire and all that other stuff is just pure crap.

5. cycocelica macrumors 68000

cycocelica

That doesn't matter. It is a big no no to talk about that stuff here. If you can't play by the rules, then tough luck.

6. mail4asim macrumors member

mail4asim

you can always go to macupdate.com and do a search on "Sharing" and see what comes up.

7. AlphaBoy85 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the reply guys, specially "wd40s" =)
    First of all I'm not talking about stealing something.. Ares is a program for windows which you can download songs and movies from! I didn't know that was a "PIRATING"! as you all know there's Ares, Napster etc..

8. cycocelica macrumors 68000

cycocelica

You aren't paying for those movies or music correct?

9. jmadlena Guest

I'm more concerned about the other people involved in making the music. The editors, mixers, all of the people that don't get thought about when you are stealing from a "big, faceless corporation." In case you didn't know, there are other people than artists involved in making music.

Also, it doesn't matter if they aren't losing a lot. Stealing is stealing, no matter who it is from. But you already knew that... :rolleyes:

Also, I admit that I used to download music, and I am not above judgment. I am happy to say that I am in the process of buying all of the music that I downloaded in the past.

10. Jaschr macrumors member

I agree. Theft of [insert anything not paid for here ] is still theft. RIAA being a greedy organization is irrelevant, and they are entitled to their money whether you like it or not.

11. jmadlena Guest

Yup, if you think the RIAA and music labels are greedy, really hit them where it hurts. Don't buy their product. But I value music enough to pay $15 for an album.

12. AlphaBoy85 thread starter macrumors regular