Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eternalists

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 21, 2008
Ok, I've searched and googled endlessy about my current dilemma and have not found anything.

When I delete one file (secure delete) it shows that there are 4 files being deleted. Regardless of what I delete, program or single jpeg file, there are always these extra 3 files lingering around and when trash is emptied it looks empty.

Can someone please let me know how to get rid of this problem and if its serious? I've tried inserting my flash drive and external hard drive in case there were pending deletions but still the same result. Thanks for the help.

Jethryn Freyman

macrumors 68020
Aug 9, 2007
Australia
This seems to be normal. I always have an extra 8 or so files in there. Don't worry too much.

Not sure why it happens, though. Even if I use the terminal and the sudo command to look inside the Trash, it is empty, apart from the single file I'm deleting.

Eternalists

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 21, 2008
thanks for the help. Its annoying but with your advice I think I can live with it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.