Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gngan

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 1, 2009
MacWorld
It's my first time posting in the iPad section in the forum.

I do not own an iPad but would like to. However, i do not see the point of getting one because I have a MacBook and an iPhone. They can do all what iPad is doing.

Anyway, I am thinking of getting an iPad IF it can transfer files from other electronics because it's more portable than my MacBook (not that it's heavy). Do any of you guys know if i can transfer pictures/movies from my DSLR or camcorder to iPad directly?

gngan

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 1, 2009
MacWorld
Either with the camera kit or an eye-fi SD card and ShutterSnitch app.

I read that people are having problem using the camera kit. They cannot choose what to import or even not working with their electronics.

Do you have any experience of it? How fast does it transfer?

Capt T

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2010
I have had no issues with the camera kit. Able to choose which photos to transfer. For the most part I have been using the eye-fi card with Shuttersnitch lately as it will transfer the photos as I take them when within range of the wireless network.

Video needs to be to the specs of the iPad if you want to view it on there. Otherwise it shows the thumbnail for transfer but once on the iPad show a white box. But video that is to spec can be watched, it is in the photo app but opens the video screen, or at least looks like it, from within photos.

Crosbie

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2010
Brighton, UK
I read that people are having problem using the camera kit. They cannot choose what to import or even not working with their electronics.

Do you have any experience of it? How fast does it transfer?

The only problem I had was trying to import from a card without a DCIM folder, which is what the pad looks for. It told me several devices were 'not compatible' until I dropped the images into a new folder titled DCIM - after which it worked perfectly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.