FileSync Problem

Discussion in 'macOS' started by JW008, Dec 1, 2007.

1. JW008 macrumors 6502

So, this evening all of the sudden my Time Machine backup disk said that it was full. I was checking around and for some reason the FileSync folder (under Library>>FileSync) is now taking up 62.66 GB.

Earlier this afternoon, FileSync crashed and I click "report to Apple." and didn't think anything else of it.

The specific file in the FileSync folder that is 62.66 GB is an iDisk File. Specifically JW008_iDisk.sparsebundle.

Does anyone have a solution for me getting my lost hard drive space back? Can I just delete this file and free up the room? What exactly would this do?

Thanks!

2. mspy2 macrumors newbie

yeah mines taking up 61 gb!!!!!!! this is a brand new black mac book 10.5.1

i've had it for only 1 month and i only have 16gb left!!!!

3. mspy2 macrumors newbie

i just deleted the whole folder and so far no problems... i going to the mac store this weekend anyways so i will ask about this. i also disabled idisk and turned off its backing up to see it that would prevent this from happening again.

4. imac abuser macrumors 6502a

imac abuser

I'm having the same issue, and I do not want to reformat my dang machine. I have a 199GB FileSync File

User/Library/FileSync/

If I delete this crap am I going to mess up my idisk

5. D2332320 macrumors newbie

Disable iDisk Sync.

I turned iDisk Sync off under the MobileMe preferences. This solved the problem for me. It even automatically removed the file. That's crazy that there would be such a horrible flaw though. I'm not sure what you would do if you actually needed to use that $100/year iDisk though.