FileSyncAgent + dmnotifyd = 100% of resources

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kwfl, Jul 12, 2008.

1. kwfl macrumors 6502

These two processes are taking 100% of my 2.4GHz MBP running leopard.
    This happens the moment i start the and continues until i quit the processes manually.
    When i open system preferences> mobileme or .Mac and press on the sync tab ... it gets stuck there forever.

Does anyone have a solution for this problem?

before two days when .mac was alive, i used to have the Filesynicagent taking 50% (100% of one core) but the dmnotifyd is not taking any.

this is really wiered.

sometimes the dotmacsyncclient joins the herd and the 3 processes take 100% of the two cores.

i did an archieve and install and the first time i opened the mac i managed to set the sync to "automatically" in the .mac preferences pane. I think that is causing the trouble.

Also, i can notice the usereventagent is not responding but not taking any resources.

I have the same settings in my iMac and the same OS and everything is working fine.

anyone please?

2. kwfl thread starter macrumors 6502

at least,

is anyone having the same problems?

3. ctwildman macrumors newbie

same problem

I am having similar issues. For me it is only dotmacsyncclient that shows up, usually taking up 90% of cpu time on one core or the other. I manually quit it because it will never stop. So far I haven't found any answers anywhere...

4. Hypsa macrumors newbie

Dotmacsyncclient refuses to quit

When I try to synchronize MobileMe every hour, first time it works, then dotmacsyncclient does not quit and cannot synchronize next time.
    Solution : quit manually it in "Activity Monitor". Then it works.

But if I try "automatically", I get the muticolor balloon and the only solution is forcing quit "System Preferences".

Has anyone a solution ?

Thanks

5. CheapDad macrumors newbie

Removing Proxy (PAC file) worked for me

I was using a PAC (Proxy Automatic Configuration) file for development testing, removing this (Sys Prefs > Networking > Advanced > Proxies) solved it for me!

6. kwfl thread starter macrumors 6502

I cant believe this

i posted this thread more than a month ago and paniced because i didnt get any answers at that time.

Today i am searching for an answer to the same problem in the forums, i come across my thread with a solution to the problem. What i cant believe is that the solution was posted this morning.

How about that?

7. kwfl thread starter macrumors 6502

8. Hypsa macrumors newbie

PAC suppressed

Thanks a lot. Indeed it works marvellously but I will soon have new problems because I need a proxy for some services through my university.

9. mattdee macrumors newbie

Network Location used a PAC file

I had the same problem.

I have a work network location that uses a PAC file for proxies and I have a home location that uses no proxies...

I switched to the home location and bam....CPU went right on down...