Filing a complaint with the FCC

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by yojitani, Aug 28, 2009.

1. yojitani macrumors 68000

yojitani

Without getting into the details, I have Qwest VOIP service and have been unable to port my number over to a new carrier for nearly 2 months now for various reasons (all to do with Qwest). I have talked to countless customer service reps and even an exec of some sort and am none the wiser, so I filed a complaint online with the FCC. My qwestion (ugh!) to you all out there is what should I expect now? Has anyone here had an experience making a complaint to the FCC? Do they call you / email you? I've lost all patience with qwest and I'm tired of waiting for the next round of procrastination. I'm hoping the FCC acts qwickly :)D).

Honestly, I'm expecting nothing at all to happen. The BBB etc. have been useless in the past, so I have very low expectations with the FCC. I've yet to find an independent agency / ombudsman in any country that isn't in some way in cahoots with those they should be protecting us from.

2. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

I've made complaints to the FCC regarding telemarketing calls and the Do Not Call registry, using the FCC's website. I don't know if the same department handles your situation, but I can tell you how it works for me.

I've done it about five times so far. You fill out the form, give them all your information, and there were plenty of text boxes to type in exactly what the problem is - not just check boxes.

Within about 1-2 weeks, without fail, I got a letter from the FCC outlining my complaint and who is doing the investigating. It somewhat looks like a form letter, but not entirely; and it really came across like they were taking it seriously.

FWIW, those telemarketers stopped calling me. I hope your complaint works out, too - it sounds like a real PITA.

3. yojitani thread starter macrumors 68000

yojitani

Thanks! It would be reassuring to know that someone is looking into it. At the very least I might be able to get some answers.

4. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

I hope it works out - it would be good to know that they're doing something other than panicking over Janet Jackson's boob. :)