Fill out PDF form with Apple Preview (position problem)

Denarius

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 5, 2008
Gironde, France
I'm trying to fill in a PDF form with Apple Preview. While I'm writing and the field is highlighted, the text looks in position, but as soon as I click off, the text moves down and to the right, actually being partially obscured by the edge of the box in some cases.

This one shows a bit of highlighted text where you can see that it fits in the box.
Screenshot 2019-02-07 at 12.35.18.png

The trouble is that, as soon as you click off of it, it goes out of position like this.

Screenshot 2019-02-07 at 12.35.04.png

Does anybody know of any way to sort this or do I have to give up and fill it in by hand?

Thanks in advance.

KALLT

macrumors 601
Sep 23, 2008
You could try it with Adobe Reader. This is likely an error or incompatibility in the PDF file.

Reactions: imaccooper

imaccooper

macrumors 6502
May 29, 2014
North Carolina
I have seen this happen before and in that case it was a problem with the file creation not anything I was doing. I couldn’t get another reader to work better, but I would definitely try adobe if you can, to see. Otherwise, I think you could try contacting the owner or downloading the blank form and then create your own text answers.

Last edited:

Honza1

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2013
US
I had never success with anything else that Adobe Reader (free version is enough) with filling any pdf forms. I actually have Adobe Reader just for this purpose installed as for anything else I use PDF Expert or Preview. It just seems the only way to be able to fill those damned things...

Reactions: harriska2