Fill up a dent in the screen?

Ketsjap

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 5, 2007
Belgium
It’s almost nothing, but every time I look at my watch screen, I see this little speck in the screen. The result of hurling my watch on the bathroom floor.

It’s a little speck, hole, dent.. whatever you call it, in the screen. It’s trough the coating I think.

Does anyone know a way to hide this? I tried a screen protector but that doesn’t work. Isn’t there some kind of ‘paste ‘ to fill up a speck like this one? Does that exist?

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
It’s almost nothing, but every time I look at my watch screen, I see this little speck in the screen. The result of hurling my watch on the bathroom floor.

It’s a little speck, hole, dent.. whatever you call it, in the screen. It’s trough the coating I think.

Does anyone know a way to hide this? I tried a screen protector but that doesn’t work. Isn’t there some kind of ‘paste ‘ to fill up a speck like this one? Does that exist?
There is nothing you can do if there is some type of indentation in display, and only trying something else could make it worse. Your best option is what you already did, that was to use a screen protector.

Gauging buy your picture, that location of the concern you mentioned is almost like a chip between the display and casing.

Last edited:

iPhysicist

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2009
Dresden
My old S0 collected several of these little "points" while I was using a double grinder while wearing my watch (I wore safety goggles but my watch didn't. You can imagine that I was very angry with watch and told it to obey to minimum safety standards at least! ). Luckily those spots did not damage the glass and as soon as the oleophobic was removed these spots where gone as well. This tiny spot may look bad to you now but this is just a watch it will most likely collect more of these over time.