Filled up HDD slowing system down help.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Raygt3, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Raygt3 macrumors newbie

Hi I recently put a windows 7 bootcamp partition up on my mac and it took a lot of space from my computer's HD that was already filled up. My problem now is that my computer is having spates of unresponsiveness and it is taking way too long for a 35 gig time machine backup that I cant complete. My question is should I delete my windows 7 partition or will I lose the version because the cd key is activated or registered?

2. enjoyHeyo macrumors newbie

This sounds like a virtual memory problem. It's in fact caused by not enough space on the hardrive. An easy fix would be to clean up your hardrive. The next best thing is to uninstall Windows to free up the space. I found this website (Microsoft) that says that you can reinstall Windows after installing it once but you'll have to activate it by phone, assuming you have the retail version.

http://social.answers.microsoft.com...l/thread/42ce75df-ceae-4f9f-acb9-e232b52a2576

cheers and good luck.

3. Raygt3 thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I just deleted the partition and ran an automation in onyx now the whole situation is alot worse. With 60 gigs free space its still taking 15-20 mins to start up its very unresponsive any other suggestions? Thanks