Filling out PDFs

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Gary86, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Gary86 macrumors member

Someone sent me a PDF to fill out for this mentor program I help with. I opened the form, filled it out, saved it as another name, then attached to an email, and released it. Before I hit "send" I clicked the spacebar for a preview and the form was filled out.

I just got an email asking me to resend because it was blank?!

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

2. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Some pdf cannot be saved, depending how the sender has it set up.

Quit everything, then open the pdf you saved previously, if it looks good, THEN Open the email app again, and specifically attach THAT file. Should work.

3. Gary86, Sep 28, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2012

Gary86 thread starter macrumors member

Ok I'll share that, but I think I quit everything before. Thanks for the advice.

UPDATE: I did it again. I sent it to myself and it was fine. I sent it to the school and it was blank. I even went to the sent folder on my phone and it shows it sent with an attachment but its blank. Freaking weird.

4. 007bond macrumors 6502a

007bond

Try filling it out and then "Printing" to a pdf. Do CMD+P and click pdf in the bottom corner. Then click "Save as PDF". It should work.

5. Gary86 thread starter macrumors member

Will do!

6. jf1450 macrumors regular

What are you using for a PDF reader? For forms you need to use Adobe's reader and not the default Mac reader. Been there, done that, got the tee shirt. :)

7. Gary86 thread starter macrumors member

I'm using preview or whatever the stock app is. The Mac seriously can't edit PDFs out of the box?