Filling the gap

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by maxxaddict, May 12, 2017.

1. maxxaddict macrumors newbie

maxxaddict

I don't know if this has been discussed before, but it seems logical to me.

With low-ish volume sales of the Mac Pro comparative to the rest of their product line-up, why couldn't Apple work with a company like Gigabyte or Asus to build their Mac Pro boards. The companies roll out workstation boards in regular intervals and have no problems keeping up with changing technologies.

To be perfectly honest, all Apple really needs to do is build a custom case and lock down/skin the EFI BIOS. I struggle to understand how this is something that takes 3+ years to do.

The company doesn't have to be "innovative" with every product they release. Most people I've talked to about the Mac Pro just want power in a form factor that doesn't fight customization, or relegate you to external solutions that leave an octopus on your desk.

2. AidenShaw macrumors P6

AidenShaw

IMO Apple needs to ditch their bastard proprietary EFI and support the standard UEFI like everyone else.

3. ActionableMango macrumors G3

ActionableMango

That's what they did, at least with the cMP. IIRC, Intel designed the logic board and CPU tray, and Foxxconn manufactured them (or maybe Flextron?).