Film Protector vs Hard Case rMBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Hotbod13, Aug 6, 2012.

?

Film or Hard Case

1. Film

17 vote(s)
    63.0%
  2. Hard Case

10 vote(s)
    37.0%
  1. Hotbod13 macrumors newbie

Hey, I'm in the market for protection for my new rMBP (body only, not screen). I was wondering what your thoughts are on film protector such as Invisible Shield/Ghost Armor/Wrapsol or on cases like the Speck see through case (not yet available). I'm leaning towards the film because it keeps the original look of the MBP. Thoughts?

2. appletechpro macrumors regular

My suggestion is to use a hard case. Installation is incredibly easy, and the protection is probably better. Film is nice in that it keeps the MBP light, but it can be very difficult to correctly install.

I have used films on my iPad/iPhone devices, but I no longer do this. Just a simple hard case suffices for my needs.

3. Hotbod13 thread starter macrumors newbie

I was planning on getting it installed at a kiosk. In that case is the film better?

4. threezero macrumors 6502

I have had hard cases scratch up my iphones before,honestly i'm worry it will do the same to the laptop

5. 73CortinaV8 macrumors 6502

grit can get trapped between the hard shell and the body of the laptop. It will scratch the $#% out of it.

What film protectors are people using? I need to order one...

6. dade247 macrumors member

I really want this one, so i would suggest film.

this is from stickerb...

[​IMG]

Has any one tried this?!

7. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

hard shell = protection from drop and impact
    film = scratches

At least, that's my take

8. Textureboy macrumors 6502

Textureboy

That looks nice but the track pad part, not so much..

9. iLikeTurtles! macrumors 6502

10. PhoenixMac macrumors 65816

I love my wrap sol. I stopped using films on my iPad and iPhone but I believe it is a must for the aluminum.

11. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Name brand hard cases (Incase) aren't even out yet :(

12. chardz88 macrumors newbie

got myself a wrapsol too... it looks and feels great... ;)

13. dade247 macrumors member

Just purchased from bestskinsever since it includes the side protection as well..28bucks... even though I really wanted to over pay for the carbon fit O:)

14. Ryan1524 macrumors 65816

Ryan1524

Where's Neither..?

Enjoy your finely crafted techs, don't cocoon it in uglifiers for the next person to receive in mint condition for 30% its original price. :cool:

15. lazer155 macrumors regular

I bought some silver side protectors from them. I am planning on using wrapsol for the rest of the body. I would have used stickerb... for the rest of the body but I liked that wrapsol had a lifetime warranty. The stickerb... protector is working great though. The texture is surprisingly pleasant. Just the right amount of grippy-ness. It isn't sticky, it is just textured with that checker pattern. The pattern isn't noticeable unless you look for it up close which I thought was nice.

I'm waiting for incipio or in case to come out with some hard cases. I prefer those because they add more protection for small bumps. I do like skins though when I am not traveling. I leave my hard case off around the house and only use it when traveling. I agree with the other poster, skins are mainly for scratch prevention.

On an unrelated note: Does anyone know why stickers... gets asterisked out if you type the whole thing?