Film-Tip: Iron Sky, Sci-Fi Comedy

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Cox Orange, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Cox Orange, Feb 9, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2011

Cox Orange macrumors 68000

Jan 1, 2010

on an art-television-channel I saw an article about a Finnish Science Fiction movie comedy.

the plot: 1945, the nazis send a rocket to the moon. On the dark side of the moon they built a colony and come back 2018 to capture the world.

Sounds like a b-movie/trash-movie, but I think it could be fun (and I like hilarious trash movies some time).

unfortunately the teaser does not rise a lot interest (my opinion), but there is a good critique article, unfortunately it is in german. Maybe you can find an article in finnish or english via google somewhere.
    better teaser (English with german subtitle):

It has an interesting financial aspect. One can lend his/her money and if the movie makes profit, you get your money back with a plus. (Very unsecure, but one fan said, he had a better feeling losing all his money on a film, instead of investing in a firm, that will close in the cause of the financial crisis. An idealistic approach for people loving strange things of movie art ;)

They have earned a third of the actual production costs it says in the article, till now. Movie will start in europe in 2012.
  2. Keebler macrumors 68030

Jun 20, 2005
    thanks for posting. actually looks interesting.

but they've got it wrong, if the nazis had gone to the moon, they wouldn't have come back to Earth, they would have made a massively strategic error and went after Mars instead first :) lol

(blatant poke at Hitler's fantastic war strategy :)

honestly though, I like the cinematic look of this flick. I'd like to watch it.