Filmon.com now works with iPad!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Theraker007, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Theraker007 macrumors regular

Tried it again today and no more crashing. Watched for 30 min before considering my test a success.

2. Mitchrapp macrumors 6502a

I've never heard of filmon but whatever it is, I like it.

3. royzaboy macrumors newbie

Not with iOS4.2

It doesn't seem to work with the GM of 4.2.

4. shandyman Suspended

That may be why it's not working on mine, but fine only iPhone 4

5. SnowDX macrumors 6502

I was at home sick last Friday and watched TV for at least 5 hours on my iPad without any crashing. There was one channel (Viva) that did not seem to work. It was very clocky and after watching for a couple minutes would freeze and stay that way. I tried a bunch of times and everytime the same problem. Lucky there wasn't anything good on it anyway at the time. All the big network channels were fine.

I was so happy to have FilmOn while stranded in bed. I'll be sad if it doesn't work in 4.2.

6. Mitchrapp macrumors 6502a

It works for me with 4.2 but I still have beta 3.

7. RedRobotWeb macrumors newbie

I tried this in the café during lunch. Workd great. Hopefully it continues to work once 4.2 arrives.

8. stix macrumors member

So... who can report on whether this works on the official 4.2(.1)... :confused:

9. brberg macrumors member

Not working in 4.2.1

Tried this today on my iPad upgraded to 4.2.1 without luck. The channels just sit there on the loading screen forever. Looks like they'll need to upgrade their site now that 4.2.1 is available. Sucks!

10. casselnett macrumors newbie

Doesn't work on 4.2

I used it this morning on my iPad and it worked great!! Sadly though, since I loaded 4.2 it no longer works and I have tried several times and even rebooted. :mad:

11. spiralynth macrumors regular

12. Mitchrapp macrumors 6502a

It used to work, now it doesn't. But I also noticed that some channels, CBS and NBC and ABC have been removed.

13. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

That's due to a lawsuit. And it's stupid. The channels are free over the air, so what's the issue with watching them free over the internet? Same difference.

The iPad NEEDS live mobile TV. Period. No one should be trying to block it. Having it only benefits everyone.

14. kenypowa macrumors 6502a

It wasn't working for me earlier this week. Since last night it has been working great. Free adult channels is a bonus. :p

15. iSingandiDance macrumors 6502a

iSingandiDance

Oh I'm sure it's not far off...

16. owen-b macrumors 6502a

In the UK we've had this for aaages, via a lovely site called TVCatchup. It plays in Flash on a computer, and in HTML5 on the iPhone and iPad, and works over Wifi and 3G. Only Freeview channels though, none of the cable channel. Obviously. :)

17. Ramsteiner macrumors member

Airplay is available now as an option when video is playing but wouldn't work for me. Has anyone gotten this to work with Airplay?