Films bought on ATV not showing on iTunes

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by mac2thefuture, Nov 30, 2008.

1. mac2thefuture macrumors 65816

Hi, I'm struggling to find the answer and so I turn to some pros, not sure if its an ATV issue or iTunes prob tbh.
    I've purchased a number of films, mainly for the kids to watch, direct on my ATV.
    They do not show on my iTunes ATV purchased menu though. Shouls / could they?
    In essence, say I'm watching something on the main TV, shouldn't others be able to play bought content from ATV on my iMac?

2. kornyboy macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

Try running a manual sync between your AppleTV and your iMac. It seems like it just hasn't synced up between the two.

You'll have to open iTunes and select your AppleTV on the left then click the "Sync" button on the bottom right.

Hope this helps.

3. mac2thefuture thread starter macrumors 65816

Is this ok to do, even though I tend to stream, in fact I dont get a sync option in the bottom right??

4. kornyboy macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

It shouldn't do any harm to sync. You may have to set up a customized sync. The issue is that you can't stream from the AppleTV to iTunes so you have to actually get the media into your iTunes library in order to play it on your computer.

5. mac2thefuture thread starter macrumors 65816