Filter Unknown Senders Messages Bug ?

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by GC251114, Sep 16, 2015.

1. GC251114 macrumors regular

I was not an IOS 9 beta tester , however paid much attention to these threads as I like to keep abreast of how things progressed & developed.

Now I don't remember reading this as a possible bug during the beta process , or whether indeed it's just a quirk from the update today. Anyway , I noticed about an hour ago that with the Unknown Senders filter switched On in the Messages settings , these messages have appeared in the regular messages list.

As of 18:10 (UK time) , the 2 messages from Unknown Senders were indeed in the correct filter , however since updating these appear in the regular known filter. This is with the Filter Unknown Senders still switched on.

Is this just a quirk from updating , or possible bug ?

Cheers

2. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

iOS bug that has been around for a while, unfortunately. I have seen it more in iOS 9.

3. GC251114 thread starter macrumors regular

Cheers for reply. How incredibly slack of Apple. From memory this feature was introduced with 8.1 , & a welcome feature too. Can't say I noticed the his bug prior to today's update , but that's not to say it wasn't there. Here's hoping it's sorted in 9.1 , however if they can't fix it In today's major release then I won't get overly excited or expectant.

Cheers

4. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Make sure to file a bug report. It is an obnoxious bug.

5. GC251114 thread starter macrumors regular

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

7. blkjedi954 macrumors member

blkjedi954

I can attest to the fact that the bug was not there in 8.4.1 because I use this feature regularly and was disappointed when I upgraded to iOS 9 and saw all my numbers jumbled together in messages. I went to settings and toggled the switch and even rebooted but nothing worked. TRULY DISAPPOINTED.

8. hofnar macrumors regular

hofnar

I did the exact same thing, hopefully it's fixed. Submitted a bug report too.

9. SophhReckaa macrumors newbie

Yes we need to continue reporting this bug because its un fair

10. hofnar macrumors regular

hofnar

Is anyone else still having this problem? I submitted a big report to apple and they marked it as resolved.

11. TxStig macrumors newbie

My apologies for resurrecting this thread back up, but unfortunately I have had a rash of spam & noticed the 'Filter Unknown Senders Messages Bug' doesn't work with iOS 9.

Does anyone know if this issue has been resolved w/ iOS 10?

12. hofnar macrumors regular

hofnar

With me on iOS 10, messages will start in the unknown sender folder, but if you reply they will go in the normal folder. But i feel back in the day messages always stayed in the unknown folder if I replied or not.

So to answer your question, it's kind of working in iOS 10.