Filtering (Hiding) select iCal/MobileMe calendars on iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by chadedge, Oct 5, 2008.

1. chadedge macrumors newbie

Here's the scenario:

My wife has several calendars syncing using Spanning Sync between iCal and Google Calendar at work.

From iCal, she has setup syncing with Mobile Me.

From Mobile Me, she has her calendar information synced down to her iPhone.

From my iPhone, I also have the Mobile Me calendars syncing, and have my own "Chad's Stuff" calendar where I add updates (such as "I'm having Bike Night on thursday - going to The Station for Backfire Moto"), which will appear in her calendars, reminding her that I'm going for a ride and she can't say "boo" about it since I totally updated it digitally - woot.

So far, all is good.

Now, here's the downside: I have a couple business calendars I manage using iCal and Mobile Me (for freelance work), and my wife has a bills reminder and medication reminder calendar that she uses with her iPhone, iCal, and Mobile Me.

Since we both use Mobile Me as our collection/hub, we both see 100% of the calendars on our iPhone.

This is a big pain in the ass when she's in meetings and gets an alert for an upcoming conference call with one of my freelance clients, or I get alerts all day about her medication or upcoming bill payments (I know, I should pay more attention to bills, but that's not the point here).

What I'm trying to figure out: Is there an intelligent method to "filter" specific selected calendars from appearing in our iPhones? We are using a basic, non-family version of Mobile Me, and we both muddle in Plaxo and Spanning Sync (her work has a corporate Google account where they manage company-wide calendars).

For now, we're living with the constant updates, but we're really trying to find a way to "turn off" the calendars we don't really need individually.

Any thoughts, you genius people?

2. Decoyent macrumors newbie

Subscribing.
    Have array of calendar and sync issues from un-mutable and un-archivable calendars that exist only in the cloud.

3. biko01 macrumors newbie

Same here!

I got almost the same scenario. Need simple filter for calendars on iPhone. It exists in other places like iCal or Outlook. Have you found the solution yet?
    Greg

4. sergiobzh macrumors newbie

Hi,
    this is exactly what I'm looking for ! Still no solution ?

With my wife we have 2 Mac and 2 iPhone to manage with one MobileMe account. I made a mixture with MobileMe + google calendars. Calendars are filtered on the iPhone but :
    - on the macs, we see all calendars.
    - On the iphone we have often duplicate events (because we display the mobileMe reminder and the google reminder) and colors are different.
    - when I add a reminder on the iphone, it is a google reminder : not very good. For example, I can set only one alarm.
    - with MobileME + Google synchro, power consumption of the iphone is not low ...

Sergio