Final Apple Store Interview

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by paddingtonpear, Jan 17, 2011.

1. paddingtonpear macrumors member

Hey guys, it's probably been asked loads before but I have a "final group interview" at the Covent Garden store tomorrow and was wondering if anyone had any experiences with this. I'm feeling really positive about this as I attended a seminar in September last year and didn't make it past that but had one last week and now I'm close to doing my dream job :) Cheers everyone!!

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Your "dream job" is working at a retail store?

3. SandboxGeneral Moderator emeritus

SandboxGeneral

He could be a young person who has no work experience. He'll soon learn. ;)

4. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

I think he means just working for Apple in general. Hopefully the OP has bigger aspirations than retail for the rest of his life lol.

5. paddingtonpear thread starter macrumors member

I'm 18 at the moment and I already work at the biggest joke of a retailer in the world known to you and me as Abercrombie and Fitch. Working for Apple obviously isn't my dream job but it's a company I want to be able to look back on in life and know I've worked for. When I leave college/uni I want to join the Household Cavalry as a commissioned officer - THAT is my dream job. Just phrased it wrong. Back to the original purpose of me starting the thread...

6. holyrita macrumors member

7. paddingtonpear thread starter macrumors member

holyrita, thanks for the pm, was a bunch of help. I found it a relatively easy interview - it was very informal and the two managers were great. One was the ops manager who was at the seminar and the other a store leader and they made us feel very relaxed. Out of the 15 or so at the seminar, only 4 of us made it to the interview and hopefully it will be good news in a week or so for all of us - the other three are great guys and we are all passionate about inventory :)

8. Maffoo macrumors newbie

I've got my second interview of a group of 4-5 people in a couple of days... I've been told to bring my passport and a photocopy of it - does this mean it's the final round or is there still more to come?

9. paddingtonpear thread starter macrumors member

I had to do the same - it all depends on the people interviewing you. We were told that they could hire us after the interview or have another interview afterwards. You will be told in a week if you were successful or not. I'm still waiting for news. Good luck!!