Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lobwedgephil

Contributor
Original poster
Apr 7, 2012
About 1 hour 25 mins left to pre order time. What are you doing to kill time, stay awake?

The.Glorious.Son

macrumors 68000
Sep 28, 2015
Chicago, IL
I had zero intentions to pre-order / do a launch day upgrade for the first time since my 3GS. The price of the 512 Max was a put-off. But given my fiancé was planning to join my Verizon plan (her Sprint service is awful), and they will give a $700 credit towards her new phone for joining my plan, I’m going to go for it. I may as well stay up now. If the process to upgrade, add a new line, port her number and get her into a phone for the credit without affecting my existing plan is too cumbersome to do online, I’ll just go to Verizon in the morning.

Lobwedgephil

Contributor
Original poster
Apr 7, 2012
I had zero intentions to pre-order / do a launch day upgrade for the first time since my 3GS. The price of the 512 Max was a put-off. But given my fiancé was planning to join my Verizon plan (her Sprint service is awful), and they will give a $700 credit towards her new phone for joining my plan, I’m going to go for it. I may as well stay up now. If the process to upgrade, add a new line, port her number and get her into a phone for the credit without affecting my existing plan is too cumbersome to do online, I’ll just go to Verizon in the morning.

Hopefully it won't be too bad, never ported a number at launch, well since the original iPhone. Good luck.

Reactions: The.Glorious.Son

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
45 more minutes and I can’t decide if I should stay up (1:15 am here) or take a cat nap. I’ve been up til now, but I don’t have much more I can do to kill time.

rdcamero

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2014
45 more minutes and I can’t decide if I should stay up (1:15 am here) or take a cat nap. I’ve been up til now, but I don’t have much more I can do to kill time.

Stay up.There is always that small chance your alarm may not go off.

Reactions: ssledoux

judyg951

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2016
sunny So. Ca.
Anyone what to take bets on how fast the site will crash? I really hope it does not happen, but it's probably going to.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.