Resolved Final Cut - Audio/ Video Out of Sync

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by thejanssens, Aug 26, 2011.

1. thejanssens, Aug 26, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2011

thejanssens macrumors newbie

I am using Final Cut to 'edit' this video clip I captured from a VHS, I used an easycap so that is probably why I have a problem.

Basically, the audio captured at a different rate to the video, so now the full audio clip is 14 frames longer than the video clip, meaning when I sync them one catches up with the other and then they end up out of sync.

Is there any way to solve this? As I recall in Sony Vegas you can just drag the audio and is speeds up/ slows down, but in FC it cuts the actual clip, not change time.

2. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

If there is any way to edit the audio separately from the video clip you might want to try the retime editor (FCP X) to adjust it by 14 frames.

3. cgbier macrumors 6502a

Set the Easy Setup to the correct audio bitrate/sampling frequency, then recapture your footage with FCP.
    You could retime your audio, but that doesn't necessarily put your stuff in synch.
    Assuming you're using FCP Classic.

FCP X can do the same as Vegas. You just have to right click on the audio clip (after you detached it from video), the choose "Retime" and you can slow down or speed up your clip by just pulling it.

4. thejanssens thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you both for the replies, but I am using an old version of Final Cut, not X.

I sorted the problem by just speeding up the audio to 100.01% and that sorted everything out.