Final Cut Express 3.5 HD Alter Serial Number/Information

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by shraiginater45, Feb 12, 2008.

1. shraiginater45 macrumors newbie

Hi, I recently contacted Apple Support regarding a new serial number, as my older one was lost. They sent me a newer one via email as I sent them my proof (receipt). I need to enter this, however, I cannot find out how to input it. I've seen the Library>ProApps answer, but I do not have the "ProApps" File. Somebody please help me out! Thanks.

2. Rizvi1 macrumors 6502a

Laurel, MD (Baltimore, MD / Washington, DC area)
    may need new serial for Final cut Express HD 3.5 -or can be found on current install?

I am going to have a similar issue. I purchased Final Cut Express 3.5 HD in March 2007 for an extra $99 with my MacBook Pro. I will be installing on another MacBook pro but no longer have the discs OR serial (lost in a fire). I contacted my apple rep and they arranged for me to receive new installation discs (I provided .pdf files showing the original purchase and the county report on the fire). But I am not sure if I will be getting another serial or not. so I can email apple and get it from them? who should I email?

I do have Final Cut Express running on the current machine, is there anyway to find the serial on there? Does it pop up in beginning or is it any menu or file?