Final Cut Express 3.5 or 4 and LiveType

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by roland.g, Jan 7, 2008.

1. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

I originally wanted FCE HD 3.5 b/c I thought 4.0 didn't include LiveType and Soundtrack. From what I have read, Soundtrack and Garageband are around the same, and LiveType is included.

What I don't understand is that 3.5 lists 9.7GB of LiveType Media while 4.0 says that only 500MB is required for Content. Is LiveType slimmed down? and did they shortchange you on the fonts and such??

2nd. Soundtrack included Apple Loops (more content), whereas Garageband, not sure if you have to buy Jam packs or something, or where you get content for GB.

It seems that 3.5 may have been a better value for all the ST and LT content that was included if indeed you don't get all that with 4.0 and Garageband.

Anyone know any more. Not sure if I should get an eBay copy of 3.5 or just buy 4.0?

2. huntercr macrumors 65816

I have 3.5 and I don't have 4 but it seems to me that if you find livetype and soundtrack valuable, and there's nothing compelling about 4 you ought to just use 3.5. The only thing I saw that seemed "worth it" for 4 for me was the fxplug compatible plugins.

If you decide later there's something you like about 4, remember if you upgrade, you can still use soundtrack and livetype. It doesn't delete it.