Final Cut Express 4 Editing

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Miyuki, May 3, 2010.

1. Miyuki macrumors newbie

I am having a hard time transitioning from imovie to final cut express.

I have 2 tracks of video that I would like to cut in and out between the two, I have attempted to do so but both tracks are in the viewer at the same time. What is the easiest way to edit when merging to clip of video?

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Have you read the manual yet? It explains how to cut between IN (I) and OUT (O) marks.

Btw, a video track is like a layer, if you have two video tracks, you have like two layers, if you have a video in track 1 and a video in track 2, the video in track 2 conceals the video in track 1. To make edits, the video should be in the same track and one is in front and one is following the other.
    Again, the manual is a good resource, especially for a software that you have paid for.

There are also video tutorials available on YouTube.

Even though some might get annoyed of reading this, the thread title guy strikes again:

A more descriptive and precise thread title will help cater to the right audience and get you more responses.
    To edit your thread title, just click on the [​IMG] button on the bottom right of your original post and then click the "Go Advanced" button below your message.

Have you also taken a look at http://mroogle.*************/MRoogleSmall.gif, since that question may have been asked several times?