Final Cut Express 4 - Enlarging Clip

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by wilsonol, Mar 2, 2010.

1. wilsonol macrumors newbie

I recently cropped a clip but I still want it to take up the whole screen, the reason I cropped it was because I did not want the unnecessary space. Is there a way that I can enlarge the clip so that it takes up the whole screen again?

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Chapter 47, page 723 of the FCE manual

Creating Motion Effects in the Viewer
    Every video, graphics, and generator clip in Final Cut Express has a set of corresponding motion attributes, each of which contains one or more adjustable parameters. When you change these parameters, you create a motion effect. By adjusting a clip’s motion settings, you can change its geometry to move, shrink, enlarge, rotate, and distort the clip in nearly any way you like, relative to your overall project. You can also adjust motion settings graphically, by manipulating them directly in the Canvas.
    Using keyframes, you can dynamically adjust motion effects over time. You can keyframe each clip’s motion parameters to animate clips in your sequence, making them move across the screen, rotate, and grow or shrink over time. You can also change a clip’s opacity to make it fade in and out and dynamically adjust any applied filter effects—for example, to make a clip go from a blur to sharp focus as a sequence plays. For details on keyframing, see “Animating Motion Effects Using Keyframes” on page 751.

found via the search term "enlarge" in the opened manual in Preview.

To open the FCE manual, click on the Help menu inside FCE and select the manual there or download it here.

Is that what you were looking for?

3. wilsonol thread starter macrumors newbie

yes, thanks.