Final cut Express 4

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by nick354, Jul 4, 2008.

1. nick354 macrumors member

hello all, so i just got this program and it's pretty sweet but i have one concern. i am rendering clips, sounds, video. when they come in. its kinda takes a while, is this normal?

2. jmadlena Guest

It really depends on your setup, but for the most part, yeah. Rendering is a beast. I think it is just best to get into a routine of rendering every once in a while. If you render all the time, you are going to end up waiting around a lot.

Eventually you will get to the point to where you know what the results will be without have to render, and it will save you some time.

3. Mac In School macrumors 65816

Boy, it just depends on sooooo many things. The gear you're rendering with is obviously one of them. But the amount of data you're working with is also a huge factor. Things like long clips, high-res clips, buttload of audio and video layers, lots of effects and transitions, etc., all contribute to how much time it takes to render.

4. nick354 thread starter macrumors member

thanks for replying, i was just curious to know that i'm not the only one who has to render everything.