Final Cut Express 5?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Santabean2000, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Santabean2000 macrumors 68000

Santabean2000

Alo, now that the new FCS has been released can we assume the budget version will get a revision sometime soon too?

Any ideas or info?

Cheers

2. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Most probably, no idea on time frame or features that will be included though.

3. gasport macrumors 6502

gasport

Any updates on possible V5 release? I hate to buy V4 and see V5 come out shortly thereafter...

4. donster28 macrumors 65816

I'm on the same fence. I want to get FCE 4 right now but holding off for 5 upgrade. For now, I'm using my 3.5.

If Apple will not upgrade from 3.5, then I'm screwed.

We should see an upgrade soon. From what it looks like from some 'version' sources, November is a likely candidate for an update. If anything it will be a silent one. FCE 4 is about 2 1/2 years old for crying out loud.

5. ubercool macrumors 6502a

ubercool

Well, it's mid-November and no FCE 5! :mad: FCE 4 is so friggen old! :rolleyes:

6. donster28 macrumors 65816

Well, I'm not a freakin' psychic, am I?...hehehe...j/k.

Good things come to those who wait. There are still a few more days left in November, if not December is just around the corner. :)

7. ubercool macrumors 6502a

ubercool

Cut! :D

8. jeffmit macrumors newbie

Any news on FCE 5 dates?

Are there any updates on this topic?

9. ubercool macrumors 6502a

ubercool

Not that I'm aware of. But I'm teaching myself FCE now and, boy, is it a GREAT program. I don't need an upgrade. :p

10. gtsorbo macrumors newbie

Nab 2010

Apple just announced they'll be participating in NAB 2010...
    Maybe (hopefully!!) we'll see a Final Cut Express update there.
    3 Days!

11. ubercool macrumors 6502a

ubercool

They're exhibiting at NAB? Wow, how weird! They must be looking for television content deals for the iPad. :D

12. Royale w/cheese macrumors 6502a

4.0.1 is the loneliest number that you'll ever do.
    4.0 can be as bad as 4.0.1,
    Its the loneliest number since the number 4.0.1...:(

Anybody wanna buy an 4.0 upgrade pack, its lonely:D

13. Sammy Cat macrumors member

Topic is a year old to the date.

Has there been any new information on the update?

14. Thierry macrumors newbie

Fce X?

Looks like FCE X might be coming... at least "FCE X Editing Workshop" by Tom Wolsky [ISBN-10 = 0240812778] seems to be ready for release around Nov.2010.

15. Royale w/cheese macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the info, but I don't think that is much of a sure sign to a new release. Plus, I kind of think if Apple was going to use X in this suite, they would have done it a while ago, or at least earlier than now or November 2010. I think that is just a place holder type title for when the author expects a new version to come out of the software, so he can update his previous book with new features, as most every Final Cut book has ever been. But I could be wrong.

I just want a 4.0.2 update, hopefully before 5.0.1:)

16. newmacboyoutube macrumors member

Still not yet.

Back to the Mac Event has come and gone. iLife '11 has been announced, iMovie '11 has been announced, yet not Final Cut Express 5. Maybe in 2011, January - April with a MacBook Pro update / MacBook update.

17. Royale w/cheese macrumors 6502a

I would think February at the earliest... From what I remember, They have previously updated it pretty quietly after the shows get over. Or they will just deprecate it. Maybe they will release it for the IOS since that is all Apple cares about anymore. Sorry for the negativity.

18. ItsMattLive macrumors newbie

Heading towards the end of November folks...!

Does anybody know what's going to happen?
    FCE is really getting old now.

19. CmdrLaForge macrumors 68040

CmdrLaForge

FCP6 and 7 are not that different. Exactly which feature should come to the Express version? I assume none and we have to wait until FCP 8 comes out.

20. hughmass macrumors newbie

Maybe Apple will ditch FCE and lower the price of FCPro?

Me, I am thinking darkly positive. What if Apple does to FCE what it did to iMovie 06, walks away but allows free downloads? And, when it makes the Mac App store live, and the new Final Cut Pro is available, it lets folks download the new 64-bit Final Cut Pro, not the entire Studio, for a low price ($350).

As it is, iMovie 11 does a lot of what FCE does, and if one jacks up the data rate, exports reasonably good stuff.

It has been over three years since a FCE upgrade. I think it would be a good trade, to be able to get Final Cut Pro for $350, and spend maybe $80 for Color. Apple would make more money from the cheaper Pro than having both FCE5 and the new Studio. But that is pure daydream...
    Hugh

21. Pammylu macrumors newbie

Well, it's past Nov, past Christmas, past the February guesses, and now only a couple of weeks until NAB. I just can't see myself buying a piece of ANY type of software that is 3 years old. Do you suppose that if I buy FCE 4 now, I might get a free upgrade to FCE 5 if it comes out at NAB? :confused:

22. Royale w/cheese macrumors 6502a

Nope, I highly doubt you would. About the only time they do that for software is if you order it and it comes out while your order is being processed. A quick check of the Apple Store saying shipping within 24hrs. But let me know if you want to buy my FCE 4, and you can always upgrade it to 5 when it arrives!:D

23. asuperpower macrumors newbie

asuperpower

FCE 5 Removed from the store?

I went on apple.com, clicked on Mac, and FCE has disappeared! :confused: :eek:

24. Royale w/cheese macrumors 6502a

25. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Was gunna say, it's working fine for me...