Final Cut Express 5?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by javaGuru, Mar 26, 2010.

1. javaGuru macrumors 6502a

javaGuru

I have been seriously considering purchasing final cut express 4. It seems like it has been forever since Apple has released an update to this software. Would anyone happen to know if Apple is planning on releasing final cut express 5 sometime in the near future?

2. sigamy macrumors 65816

I have the same question....anyone have any insights?

3. sl1200mk2 macrumors 6502

It would certainly make sense that they would be bringing an update 'soon' but anyone is just going to be making guesses as to when. My guess (nothing more than speculation) is late Q2 or early Q3 this year.

A chance of something being announced at NAB later this month is possible, but FCE isn't a 'pro' app, so it's IMHO unlikely (Apple wouldn't be waiting for this event).

I'm eager to see what an update brings myself. Hopefully (finally) native AVCHD handling? I can dream...

4. bchreng macrumors 65816

bchreng

I was going to make a post asking the same thing. Might as well bump this thread. I'm fine with iMovie for now, but would love to dig into FCE. I'm in the same boat where, though I'd love to purchase a copy now, I can't shake this feeling that Apple will announce an update soon.

5. fastd macrumors member

bumping this. would like to go FCE, but version 5 has to be just around the corner??

6. deadwulfe macrumors 6502a

deadwulfe

Yeah, feeling the same way, here. I'd be interested to see a FCE 5.

7. Hillskill macrumors member

Would I be correct in thinking that FCE 4 owners will be able to upgrade from 4 to 5 for cheaper price ?