final cut express books....

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by grooveattack, Feb 27, 2008.

1. grooveattack macrumors 6502a

can any one recommend me one? just a reference i know how to use it ect. but its always good to have a book at hand... so? any recommendations?

2. Keebler macrumors 68030

hey Groove,

which version are you looking for advice on?

I ask b/c I have the final cut express workshop book by Tom Wolsky for the 1st version. His book was great. Easy to read and covers alot. If you've got a later version, look for his books. I'd buy one again, but i've moved over to fcp.

If you're on version 1, I can sell you the book for a good price considering it's just sitting on my shelf.

Cheers,
    keebler

3. grooveattack thread starter macrumors 6502a

i have got the latest one. FCE 4. i have not been able to find any books on it, well good ones..

4. stevep macrumors 6502a

stevep

Final Cut Express 4 Movie Making for Everyone by Diana Weynand
    http://www.amazon.com/Apple-Pro-Tra...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1204143906&sr=8-1
    If anyone else has this I'd be interested to know if the dvd works - I've just bought it (in the UK) and I can't read some of the folders and files. Thus has led to a bizarre series of emails with Peachpit Press, who are proving to be the biggest bunch of wazzocks I've dealt with for a long time.
    However, the book itself seems to be excellent - it assumes no prior knowledge (so you have to wade through a bit of obvious stuff about Macs in general at the beginning, but that's ok). Good colour screenshots to illustrate the steps.
    The alternative might be a Lynda training cd, but I've always thought these are a bit pricey.

5. kenrobin macrumors regular

I agree.... the Weynand book is very good especially for those who are graduating from iMovie to FCE.

I did not have any problems copying the files from the DVD to my hard drive.